I was hoping to have a big fancy bathroom reveal today, but I think, actually I KNOW that it is going to have to wait about a week. You see, as we went along things kept being added to the list. Also things somehow manage to take three times as long as you expect them to. I also spent a weekend in Dallas, TX and nothing got done while I was gone. I figured that J.D. would have gotten a lot done while I was gone because I tend to be a bit of a distraction in the way of " LET'S DO THIS! NO, LET'S DO THIS! HOW ABOUT WE GO HERE? LOOK AT ME, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS?" Who knew I was a motivating factor?
We spent about four hours yesterday trying to install the new bathroom faucet that I ordered from Overstock. It is awesome quality and I like it, but suffice it to say, the directions are seriously lacking. The directions are worse than Ikea directions! J.D. spent about two hours removing the old faucet and we were able to get the center part/spout of the new widespread faucet installed, but installing the cold water handle threw us for a loop. The directions would refer to crazy terms but wouldn't explain what that crazy part was called or that you had to twist here or tighten there. We finally quit after about four hours and decided we would try again on Monday.
The cabinet is finally painted and it looks nice. I accidentally bought oil-based paint which was a giant surprise when I opened the can and got a whiff of the paint. Rustoleum didn't label the can as oil-based, but maybe I should have just known. I am actually glad that I ended up using the oil based paint because I have read that using oil-based finishes on kitchen and bathroom cabinets is better because the finish is more durable. I also need to say that using gray-primer when you will be painting something black makes all of the difference in the world. I can't say that enough.
All of the other trim and doors are primed and we have also cut trim for the baseboards by hand with a miter box and saw. Go us! We are going to buy a miter saw before we cut and hang the crown moulding. I think that would be a little much with a hand saw.
I promise to post pictures soon!